March 1, 2016
CRS Rice Bowl contributions support projects that assist the poor both overseas and here in the United States. 75% of CRS Rice Bowl contributions are sent to Catholic Relief Services and help fund development projects oversees that increse and maintain communities' access to food. The remaining 25% of the contributions remain in the U.S. dioceses. In the Diocese of Monterey, it goes to Catholic Charities, and the monies are used to fund local poverty and hunger alleviation programs.